Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A-Kon '13


I spent quite a bit more time preparing for this con... 

Here is how it turned out.  




I am on the left. My friend, who is amazing at cosplay, is on the right. We were attempting to do Steampunk AU Dave Strider and Rose Lalonde.

Here is a bit of my preparation process. 


The Hubtopband is made from several different things. First, I painted a headband. Easy enough. Then, I shaped a flat piece of metal into a box and painted that as well. Two different dead television remotes serves as the top, decorative layer of the box. Then, a metal dowel attaches the lens. A messed up piece of strip metal is screwed to a cut safety goggle lens that I covered with green saran wrap. Then, several gears and a jeweler's lens make for the final details. This is sort of a bad picture. There will be better pictures in my later posts that I will link here. 

This is just a piece of painted leather that I safety pinned to my corset. 

These are my Thorns of Oglogoth. Just clay, paint, glue, wire, screws, and knitting needles. 


My gas mask that has changed quite a bit since then. It is a light-bulb covered in clay that I painted connected to a painted painting mask with wire casing. 

On Sunday, I did a little, simple steampunk outfit. 


And, here is a closeup of my goggles. 
They are mason jar tops with fixtures and nonsense. 

Then, I did a last minute Jade Harley AU cosplay. 
It was sort of lame. Silly me. 

Thank you for looking! I will get through all my previous cons quickly so I can get to current day. 
Peace out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise